From: Marc Schiffbauer <mschiff@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] A new GLSA schema
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 06:54:11
1 * John Helmert III schrieb am 10.11.22 um 14:19 Uhr:
2 > On Thu, Nov 10, 2022 at 02:10:09PM +1000, Marc Schiffbauer wrote:
3 > > * Sam James schrieb am 10.11.22 um 13:58 Uhr:
4 > > >
5 > > > I think we'd rename impact -> description but description would now
6 > > > be "description of the problem" and not "description of the package".
9 > > +1, but additionally having the short description of the package sounds
10 > > still useful to me, as not always everybody knows what any package is
11 > > exactly for and the description will help a lot in telling the
12 > > impact/danger of your own infra that might be caused by that package.
13 > >
14 > > -Marc
15 >
16 > Are you saying you rely on the background field, which is generally
17 > just the package's DESCRIPTION? Maybe glsa-check should just spit out
18 > the package's DESCRIPTION then too.
19
20 Sometimes the GLSA-Mails will be send to some team mailbox for example,
21 and a teammember has to decide how urgent an update may be. Having a
22 little description for the software mentioned in the GLSA is helpful
23 then.