From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] December 15th Meeting Summary
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 03:51:41
1 this months meeting wasnt too eventful, kind of quiet ... on the agenda:
2
3 - Marius: decision on multi-hash for Manifest1
4 there was a bit of hearsay about why the council was asked to review/decide on
5 this issue since we werent able to locate any portage devs at the time of the
6 meeting ... so our decision comes with a slight caveat. assuming the reasons
7 our input was asked for was summarized in the e-mail originally sent by
8 Marius [1], then we're for what we dubbed option (2.5.1). that is, the
9 portage team should go ahead with portage 2.0.54 and include support for
10 SHA256/RMD160 hashes on top of MD5 hashes. SHA1 should not be included as
11 having both SHA256/SHA1 is pointless. further more, we hope this is just a
12 hold over until Manifest2 is ironed out/approved/implemented/deployed. it
13 was also noted that we should probably omit ChangeLog and metadata.xml files
14 from the current Manifest schema as digesting them serves no real purpose.
15 [1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/33434
16
17 - Council: portage signing
18 shortly after our November meeting, a nice summary was posted by Robin Johnson
19 that covered signing issues from top to bottom. as such, it was felt that
20 trying to throw together a GLEP would not be beneficial. instead we will be
21 adding a constant agenda item to future council meetings as to the status of
22 portage signing issues to keep the project from slipping into obscurity
23 again.
24
25 full meeting log:
26 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/council/meeting-logs/20051215.txt