From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Projects and simple guides
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 13:20:12
1 On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 22:54 -0800, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > Sven Vermeulen wrote:
6 > | We have already received many bugs for documentation in /proj/* which is
7 > | not GDPs. I had no issue with this as I hoped this would be a transient
8 > | state where the documentation is eventually handed over to the GDP so that
9 > | both the project /and/ GDP can further maintain the documents.
10 >
11 > Seems like what would be useful is a metadata.xml-type thing for guides,
12 > so they're assigned properly.
13
14 I completely agree. Perhaps we can call it an "author" tag. That
15 should work... :P
16
17 Really, I think that the number of bugs the GDP gets is probably fairly
18 minimal for project-based documentation. Perhaps we could have
19 something added to the project dtd that adds a little blurb at the
20 bottom to file bugs for project documentation against the project
21 itself? I really don't know if that would help or not, but it is an
22 idea.
25 Chris Gianelloni
26 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
27 x86 Architecture Team