From: Wernfried Haas <amne@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] QA Team's role
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 19:05:48
1 On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 06:12:57PM +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > Oh come on. I'm not going to insult the intelligence of people reading
3 > this list by explaining something that frickin' obvious. When it's a
4 > subtle issue I explain why it's wrong. When it isn't, I try to avoid
5 > wasting everyone's time by making them read a huge explanation of
6 > something they all already know.
7
8 Explaining stuff usually helps more than elitism. Those who already
9 know it can simply skip it, those who don't may learn a bit and
10 everyone wins. A lot of people are subscribed to this list and not
11 everyone is an ebuild dev, but some may be tomorrow's devs.
12
13 cheers,
14 Wernfried
17 Wernfried Haas (amne) - amne at gentoo dot org
18 Gentoo Forums: http://forums.gentoo.org
19 IRC: #gentoo-forums on freenode - email: forum-mods at gentoo dot org