From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ROMs category suggestion
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 17:17:25
1 On 22 July 2012 16:12, Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o> wrote:
2 > I've got a few ROMs to add to the tree and some which are already in
3 > the tree if people have a suggestion where they should live. Short
4 > list:
5 >
6 > ipxe
7 > openbios
8 > seabios
9 > sgabios
10 > vgabios
11 >
12 > --
13 > Doug Goldstein
16 I just noticed that the sys-firmware category has been added to the
17 categories file, but no corresponding directory in portage exists yet.
18
19 I understand this is a temporary thing, and the only thing that
20 notices that there is this discrepancy is software I've written (
21 https://metacpan.org/source/KENTNL/Gentoo-Overlay-1.0.2/lib/Gentoo/Overlay.pm#L135
22 ).
23
24 It doesn't warrant the shenanigans of a full bug report, ( And I have
25 no idea how one would categories this sort of bug ), just I dislike
26 the inconsistency of there being a directory listed in the categories
27 file without also having that directory in existence.
28
29 ( This bug is really all CVS's fault, the directory is created, but
30 its empty -> marked as dead )
33 In short, "Yay, thanks for sys-firmware, I look forward to it not
34 being an empty category"
35
36 Just I would have hoped that this category hadn't been created until
37 there was something ready to put in it =)
40 Kent
41
42 perl -e "print substr( \"edrgmaM SPA NOcomil.ic\\@tfrken\", \$_ * 3,
43 3 ) for ( 9,8,0,7,1,6,5,4,3,2 );"