From: Elfyn McBratney <elfyn.mcbratney@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [GLEP] Bugzilla access for contributors
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 03:11:36
1 Ciao,
2
3 On 03/09/06, Stefan Schweizer <genstef@g.o> wrote:
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > as requested by multiple devrel members I have written a GLEP to standardize
7 > bugzilla access for contributors. It has already been discussed on the
8 > devrel mailing list before but I am looking for a wider opinion now.
9 >
10 > This is also a submission for the new council when it meets.
11
12 I don't see why this is necessary; like Alec, I got Bugzilla access
13 before I became a developer, as did others in my group. I got mine
14 4-5 months before becoming a dev, too, and all that was needed was for
15 my mentor at the time to request that I be granted gentoo-dev
16 privileges.
17
18 I don't see why this needs a GLEP. If non-developers need write
19 access, then there should already be a relationship in place between
20 them and at least one other developer, thus that developer can request
21 write access for them. It's worked like that for at least two
22 years...
23
24 Red tape--,
25 Elfyn