From: Mike Kelly <pioto@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: seeds, GLEPs, and projects
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 14:09:16
On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 21:43:16 +0000 (UTC)
"Peter" <sw98234@×××××××.com> wrote:

> That's a laugh! Problem is that no devs seem to get approved in a > timely fashion. And, any potential devs would be rather turned off by > the goings on here. You guys seem to try and stifle innovation at > every turn -- trying to turn Gentoo into GLEPtoo. Instead of > progress, you have arguments. Instead of innovation, you have > arguments. Instead of new blood, you lose people.
Hi, not so. I've just joined on as a dev, my recruitment process happened in a timely fashion. After I passed all my quizzes, I became a dev. I think we also had at least 3 other new folks in the past few weeks, and maybe 1 person leaving. While getting fresh blood is a good thing, you've gotta be sure that the new blood is up to snuff. That takes some time. There's nothing to stop them from contributing before they're "official." Hey, look at what the other Summer of Code-ers and I did over the past few months. Some of us have become devs, others haven't, but we all made sizable contributions to Gentoo development. -- Mike Kelly