From: Matt Rickard <frogger@g.o>
To: gentoo-core@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] IMPORTANT: The proposal for the metadata.xml file
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 00:50:43
1 > > * Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o> [03/06/27 23:31 +0200]:
2 > > >I prefer plaintext changelogs. Maybe we can have both and make
3 > > >repoman parse plaintext files during commits and portage convert
4 > > >back from xml on request.
5 > >
6 snip...
7 > XML is plaintext in the sense that a C file is plaintext: you can read
8 > and write it with a text editor, but that doesn't mean anyone and
9 > their mother can easily come along and read it.
12 I agree with this. I'd hate to see changelogs go to XML. Plaintext is
13 nice easy to parse and can be easily read anywhere. XML would just
14 needlessly complicate things.
17 Matt Rickard
18 frogger@g.o
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list