From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo: State of the Union
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 00:05:09
1 Alexandre Buisse wrote:
2 > The opensolaris project has done a similar thing[1]. The three finalists
3 > were bazaar[2], mercurial[3] and git[4], and the winner was eventually
4 > mercurial. This is also the recommended choice from the EuroBSDcon
5 > slides, so definitely something to consider.
6
7 Indeed, although EuroBSDcon didn't even analyze git, just mentioned it
8 in passing. It also seems that we have a fair lack of expertise relating
9 to it, but there has been no shortage of contributions about subversion
10 and git, at least.
11
12 The problem I had with the opensolaris testing is that they didn't seem
13 to do any direct comparisons between the SCMs -- they were all isolated
14 and based on a requirements doc. This makes it difficult to easily
15 figure out how they balance out.
16
17 There have been a fair number of changes since the version of git
18 analyzed in the opensolaris testing (1.2.2).
19
20 Thanks,
21 Donnie
22 --