From: Joe McCann <joem@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Re[2]: [gentoo-dev] Re: Decision to remove stage1/2 from installation documentation
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 18:16:06
1 On Tue, 2005-11-22 at 18:59 +0100, Jakub Moc wrote:
2 > 22.11.2005, 18:51:12, Simon Stelling wrote:
3 >
4 > > Harald van D?k wrote:
5 > >> (Note that I'm not going to argue either way whether this is a good
6 > >> thing; I'm merely pointing out that the docs do say we're about choice.)
7 >
8 > > You still can choose between stage3 and stage3+GRP without having to do anything
9 > > but following the handbook :)
10 >
11 > Ah, that's a nice choice... ;p
12 >
13 > Seriously, I suppose noone plans to remove stage1 from the mirrors; then it
14 > would be nice to have it properly documented (probably outside of handbook and
15 > with warning that it's an unsupported install method if releng wish so). It's
16 > still useful for people and I guess complete removal of docs will just lead to
17 > some half-baked howtos published in forums.g.o. and people complaining on IRC
18 > that it does not work.
21 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/faq.xml#stage12