From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [soc] Python bindings for Paludis
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 16:29:00
1 On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 08:09:09 +0100
2 Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o> wrote:
3 > Check my counterproposal. I know it is more broad but it also fits
4 > better Gentoo as whole.
5 >
6 > For the ones that aren't following gentoo-soc:
7 >
8 > - C/C++/Ruby/python bindings/API for package managers.
9 >
10 > The idea is to have some kind of common ground for applications
11 > willing to use our wonderful package managers.
12
13 Which is all very nice in theory, but completely impractical and
14 useless in practice. There's far too much difference and far too much
15 complexity implementation-wise to make this practical for any
16 non-trivial functionality.
19 Ciaran McCreesh
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list