From: Justin Whitney <ripple@××××××.be>
To: neuron <neuron@×××××××××××××××.nu>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] boot script ordering
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 13:11:31
1 Actually, it must come before as it provides things for localmount to
2 mount (otherwise encrypted block devices).
3
4 Turns out the issue is that by default localmount is present as a
5 CRITICAL_SERVICES in /sbin/rc
6
7 to work around the issue, I wrote out everything in CRITICAL_SERVICES
8 minus 'localmount' > /etc/runlevels/boot/.critical
9
10 did the trick.
11
12 My dm-crypt ebuild will need this same functionality if users want to
13 mount their encrypted block devices in any usable way during boot. I
14 don't know how I'd do this in any kind of flexible way.
15
16 Can some of the devs comment on a good way to set about this?
17
18 Thanks,
19
20 Justin