From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: A few questions to our nominees
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 14:48:19
1 On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 08:45:08 -0600
2 Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o> wrote:
3 > Just curious, were you happy with the previous GLEP54 draft or were
4 > there still issues that had to be addressed? As far as I'm concerned
5 > it's fine. (though I would change the suffix to -live, just because i
6 > hate the term "SCM" :P)
7
8 I'm happy with GLEP 54 as being the first, easy half of getting proper
9 scm support. It correctly solves the ordering and identification issues.
10
11 The second, really difficult part is making the package manager aware
12 of upstream scm revisions. That can be done later by building upon
13 GLEP 54.
16 Ciaran McCreesh