From: Sam James <sam@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Removing separate "security supported" arch list
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 13:46:16
1 > On 21 Oct 2021, at 18:04, Aaron Bauman <bman@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Thu, Oct 21, 2021 at 10:05:20AM +0200, Micha=C5=82 G=C3=B3rny wrote:
4 >> Hello,
5 >> =20
6 >> Splitting from the discussion in [1] (moving more arhitectures to
7 >> ~arch), I'd like to propose that we remove the "security supported"
8 >> architecture list from [2] and instead level security support with
9 >> the general architecture support in Gentoo, e.g. by having all
10 >> architectures with stable profiles be "security supported".
13 > I fully support this approach and have long advocated for it.
14 >
15 > Overall, all stables arches should be security supported and if
16 > they begin lagging behind they should be dropped to unstable.
17 >
18 > I am sure there are some nuances, but this is a great start.
19 >
20 > Let's do it!
21
22 +1 for reasons you said + in the original proposal.
23
24 We don't currently adhere to the stated policy verbatim
25 anyway and I don't think it adds anything right now.
26
27 best,
28 sam