From: Luis Medinas <metalgod@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] combining x86 and amd64
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 01:54:16
1 On Thu, 2005-09-01 at 17:05 -0400, Olivier Crete wrote:
2 > On Thu, 2005-01-09 at 15:25 -0400, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
3 > > So would just making an x86 arch team. It would also be much less of a
4 > > problem than merging x86 and amd64. How about this? I proclaim and x86
5 > > arch team now exists. It already has a security liason.
6 > >
7 > > $ cat /var/mail/alias/arch/x86
8 > > avenj
9 > > solar
10 > > tester
11 > > port001
12 > > azarah
13 > >
14 > > Seems that we even have two of our new Council members on the team.
15 > > Anybody else want to join the team? Just add yourself to the alias and
16 > > start paying attention to requests that are submitted to x86@g.o
17 > > via bugzilla.
18 >
19 > The people maintaining the x86 kernel should also join, as well as the
20 > release maintainer (chris, is that you?), the grub/lilo maintainers,
21 > etc... That would be a good start.
22 >
23 > We should also try to recruit one or two x86 arch testers, hparker has
24 > offered to help.
25 Be ready to test my packages has well. I'm very happy with the formation
26 of the new x86 arch team i wish you the best and i think this is the way
27 to improve Gentoo (QA, releases etc..).
28 You guys need a doc writer too (catch one at #-doc)
29 And of course i think AT's will have much work to do on the x86 team.
30 --
31 Luis Medinas <metalgod@g.o>
32 http://dev.gentoo.org/~metalgod
33 Gentoo Linux Developer: AMD64,Printing,Media-Optical
36 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list