From: Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Suggestion: Globalness of some USE flags
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 15:21:24
1 On Thursday 31 August 2006 16:58, Simon Stelling wrote:
2 > I think we agreed at least 3 times on that the logrotate use flag
3 > shouldn't exist at all because those files add <4kb to the package.
4
5 Right. Open a bug and cc involved maintainers. This is the way it works -
6 maybe slowly, but it does. We see people come and go and no one has the time
7 to assure to have read all threads in this list. A bug stays open as long as
8 it is relevant.
9
10 > About the udev, there's one package that doesn't share the effect:
11 >
12 > sys-apps/pcmciautils:udev - Install as an udev helper instead of a
13 > hotplug helper
14 >
15 > Which is different from the other 5 "Enable udev rules file installation".
16
17 Two packages. Question is, if there is an argument not to install udev rules.
20 Carsten