From: Duncan Coutts <duncan.coutts@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: dev-lang/nhc98
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 13:21:31
1 nhc98 is a Haskell compiler.
2
3 This package has been masked for several months because its memory
4 management system makes assumptions that are no longer true on 2.6
5 kernels. This is not easily fixable and the upstream devs no not have
6 the time or inclination to rewrite the runtime system. See also #46943.
7
8 We do hope to get Yhc into portage when it is ready. Yhc is a fork of
9 nhc98 with a totally rewritten runtime system and many other
10 improvements. However it is not a direct drop-in replacement for nhc98
11 so there is no point in keeping nhc in the tree until yhc is ready.
12
13 I there are no objections I will remove this package in a week.
14
15 Duncan
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list