From: Ian Stakenvicius <axs@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Of death and prerm
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2017 13:46:15
1 On 30/08/17 09:40 AM, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 >>>>>> On Wed, 30 Aug 2017, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
3 >
4 >>> This rather sounds like a case for package manager support with
5 >>> some property like RESTRICT="uninstall".
6 >
7 >> Would it still be possible to override with
8 >> I_KNOW_WHAT_I_AM_DOING=yes then?
9 >
10 > No. If this was to be implemented in Portage, I think the canonical
11 > way to override it would be via some token like "force-uninstall"
12 > in FEATURES (which can be specified on the command line too).
13 >
14 > Ulrich
17 For adding this to FEATURES and RESTRICT, are we moving into PMS
18 modification territory? And if so, is this something we want to do
19 just for this?
20
21 (it might well be if all of this is for a proposal to extend future
22 EAPI anyways, I haven't been paying attention)