From: Marco Ziebell <ziebell_marco@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] typo in "scrypt" USE-Flag
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2014 17:10:00
1 Am Sun, 02 Nov 2014 17:56:02 +0100
2 schrieb Rémi Cardona <remi@g.o>:
3
4 > Le 02/11/2014 17:48, Alex Xu a écrit :
5 > > so... instead of emailing 4 people (three bug-wranglers plus one
6 > > maintainer), you email around 300 people (assuming that subscriber
7 > > count is around the same as #gentoo-dev users, which is probably a
8 > > severe underestimate).
9 >
10 > Alex: no need for a snarky comment. A simple "a bug is fine, please do
11 > open one" would have been enough.
12 >
13 > Marco: thank you for your contribution, however small. Bugzilla is
14 > indeed the proper place for any and all ebuild improvements.
15 >
16 > Cheers,
17 >
18 > Rémi
21 I agree with Alex. You reach less people by opening a bug-report and
22 not everyone who's on the list.
23 But my email received far more attention than it should. My idea was to
24 hit everyone, so 99% of the list could easily ignored it and only the 1
25 person with enough time and commit-rights could silently change it.
26
27 There are enough bug-reports around in the whole of community which
28 should gain some attention. ... this report would be none of it.
29 Be as it may. Thanks for your time.