From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Should portage tree CVS impose a commit moratorium during snapshot creation?
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 10:24:19
1 On 01/03/2013 02:09 AM, Dirkjan Ochtman wrote:
2 > In any case, we probably shouldn't spend a whole lot of effort on this
3 > given the somewhat-impending git migration, which neatly solves this
4 > problem. Maybe there's some low-hanging fruit in the commit ordering,
5 > though? I was thinking it might be possible to have the Manifest
6 > signed before committing the ebuilds, but it's entirely likely that
7 > CVS keywords get in the way of that...
8
9 The CVS keyword expansion causes the ebuild digest to mutate during the
10 commit. If we repoman could predict correctly emulate the CVS keywords
11 expansion on the client side, then it could generate a correct Manifest
12 in advance. However, that seems difficult given that the CVS keyword
13 expansion contains a timestamp with 1 second precision.
14 --
15 Thanks,
16 Zac