From: Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Council Reminder for February 26
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 12:42:55
1 Le mardi 24 février 2009 à 09:47 -0800, Brian Harring a écrit :
2 > On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 11:26:48PM -0800, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
3 > > This is your friendly reminder! Same bat time (typically the 2nd & 4th
4 > > Thursdays at 2000 UTC / 1600 EST), same bat channel (#gentoo-council @
5 > > irc.freenode.net) !
6 >
7 > Informal request, but it would be useful to get an idea of the
8 > councils views on portage overlay compatibility issues.
9 >
10 > Specifically, when it comes to gentoo repositories, there is one, and
11 > only one definition of what that is- pms's repo spec. The problem
12 > here is that the only repository truly conformant to that spec is
13 > gentoo-x86, for the rest of the repositories (overlays realistically)
14 > whatever portage supports seems to be the eventual standard they grow
15 > towards.
16 >
17 > Problem with this is that there is *zero* way to spot these non-pms
18 > repositories as it stands. Simplest example, under portage overlays
19 > can unmask pkgs globally (gnome overlay reverting masks in
20 > gentoo-x86),
21
22 I reply here as part of the gnome herd and partly responsible for the
23 mask reverting in the overlay. I didn't know something used in
24 gentoo-x86 couldn't be used in an overlay. Could you point me to the
25 PMS section that treat this ?
28 Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
29 Gentoo