From: Sebastian Werner <sebastian@××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: AW: [gentoo-dev] Gzipped HTML docs in /usr/share/doc
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 02:59:12
1 You are right. Leave all directories which contains html-documentation
2 without compression or put all files in one tar file and compress this
3 file.
4
5 Greetings
6
7 Sebastian
8
9 -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
10 Von: gentoo-dev-admin@g.o [mailto:gentoo-dev-admin@g.o] Im
11 Auftrag von Stefan Boresch
12 Gesendet: Dienstag, 19. Februar 2002 09:04
13 An: gentoo-dev@g.o
14 Betreff: [gentoo-dev] Gzipped HTML docs in /usr/share/doc
15
16 I have recently stumbled across a lot of gzipped *.html *.htm
17 files in the /usr/share/doc hierarchy. I don't like it very much
18 since this breaks all navigation links. My question is: is this
19 intended, should I write bug reports, should I submit patches (provided
20 I figure out who is the 'culprit' for the compression (I suppose this is
21 a 'feature' of ebuild at some level)
22
23 Thanks,
24
25 Stefan Boresch
26
27 PS: Assuming that the compression of documentation is done
28 semi-automatically by ebuild, might it not be the easiest to either
29 exclude htm(l) pages from compression, or make the behavior user
30 controllable...?
36 gentoo-dev mailing list
37 gentoo-dev@g.o