From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] xfce & kde on gentoo
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 10:02:47
1 On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 02:07:24PM +0200, Achim Gottinger wrote:
2
3 > > 3) now I can run xfce and the icons are clickable, sylpheed and konqueror
4 > > will come up as normal user under xfce, but there's still some pesky
5 > > permission missing, because neither can reach the network (dns doesn't
6 > > work). What permission is wrong that prevents this?
7
8 > things still get stranger. I have no idea, it works as root but not as a
9 > normal user?
10
11 Collins is having trouble because he extracted the sys tarball without the "p"
12 option, causing everything to be owned by root and all directory permissions to
13 be affected by the current umask. The correct way to extract the sys/build tarballs
14 is:
15
16 # tar xjpvf file.tar.bz2
17