From: Holger Brueckner <lists@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] More on: Install problem with new box. help please.
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 11:38:53
1 > Which driver would that be ? I have an FT100 controller that I cannot
2 utilize on my linux system currently. Is this a binary FT100 driver ? If so,
3 is it for the 2.2 or 2.4 kernel ?
4
5 normally fscking :) promise only releases binary drivers for redhat kernels
6 .. *yuck*
7 since they are pathed like hell, you won't hav any chance to insert it into
8 a standard
9 kernel. all you can do is try to get a redhat compiled kernel and use this
10 kernel
11 for installation.
12
13 or get a decend raid controller from 3ware :)
14
15 cya
16
17 Holger