From: Lars Wendler <polynomial-c@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: patrick@g.o, hasufell@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in media-sound/umurmur: metadata.xml ChangeLog
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 17:20:58
1 Am Wed, 25 Dec 2013 14:16:07 +0100
2 schrieb Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>:
6 > > You are interfering with my workflow and I already told you why I
7 > > kept the useflag, so stop reverting my commits after I told you the
8 > > reasons in a private mail.
9 >
10 > Eh, it's been two days, and the temporary issue is still there ...
11 >
12 > Fix your workflow not to rely on repoman warnings being nonfatal,
13 > then I won't have any reason to annoy you.
14 >
15 > (And I thought that was a one-time oopsie, not an issue that'll appear
16 > more often)
17 >
18 > > QA is more than just running repoman and doing random commits on
19 > > other peoples ebuilds.
20 >
21 > Being a dev is more than just doing your thing and ignoring the rest.
22 > I'm getting tired of cleaning up behind people (not only you, it's on
23 > average 2 issues a day I have to figure out and either fix or file
24 > bugs). Don't expect any lenience or tolerance as long as the average
25 > is that bad, I just prune the list of repoman warnings and errors
26 > down as far as possible.
27 >
28 > (Today alone I filed 4 bugs for gnome [incomplete gnome-3.6 removal],
29 > had to clean up after a stabilization bug [cups-filters], fixed a ruby
30 > package that had now unsatisfiable ruby_targets [fxruby] ... and maybe
31 > I've even forgotten a thing or two there. See how you adding random
32 > spurious warnings is not improving my mood? ;) )
33 >
34 > Have a nice pagan ritual day,
35 >
36 > Patrick
39 Just for the record. I've reintroduces the polarssl USE flag to
40 media-sound/umurmur ebuilds and package.use.mask-ed the flag until
41 upstream bug [1] is fixed.
42 Now please stop this useless "but he has taken my lollipop" kind of
43 fight.
44
45 [1] https://github.com/fatbob313/umurmur/issues/24
46
47 Once again, thanks hasufell for taking care of the polarssl issue in
48 umurmur. Without you it would have completely escaped my attention. ;)
49
50 Cheers
51 --
52 Lars Wendler
53 Gentoo package maintainer
54 GPG: 4DD8 C47C CDFA 5295 E1A6 3FC8 F696 74AB 981C A6FC