From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Item for 10 Jan 2008 Council meeting
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 19:39:39
1 Ferris McCormick wrote:
2 > With all due respect, for some reason we don't have Proctors anymore to enforce
3 > the CoC.
4
5 The perception is that they aren't/weren't _exactly_ needed as they are,
6 either because nobody wants the secret policy feeling or because self
7 regulation is working almost nicely.
8
9 > Thus, things we would expect the proctors to catch and handle under CoC
10 > get sent to devrel instead. All I am doing is wondering out loud (now that CoC
11 > is coming alive again) if we should start processing these under CoC rules. I'm
12 > asking Council because CoC belongs to Council, but I do not expect a ruling,
13 > just perhaps an interesting discussion. See, these things can't be caught before
14 > they get to devrel because you ensured there would be no one to catch them ---
15 > you are the one who wanted to kill off the proctors, after all.
16
17 Item already present I think.
18
19 > I am asking a question as a member of the devrel confres subproject and as
20 > an interested developer.
21
22 you know the channel and the time ^^;
23
24 lu
28 Luca Barbato
29 Gentoo Council Member