From: Matti Bickel <kabel@××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] "Commercial" software in portage
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 17:15:33
1 Cory Visi <merlin@g.o> wrote:
2 > I think this is a good idea. We just need to call it something that
3 > doesn't cause endless confusion.
4
5 Sticking something like a "non-complete version" sticker on it would
6 help.
7
8 > On a related note, keeping with the philosophy here, I would say that
9 > Opera does not qualify for this new flag, because it works out of the
10 > box. Even if it has ads, it still works. However, Opera is obviously
11 > commercial, so this is another reason to perhaps think up another name
12 > for the flag.
13
14 <nitpick>
15 Opera is now ad-free. And while still not open-source, it's now both
16 free (of charge) and free (of ads)
17 </nitpick>
18
19 Matti