From: John Davis <zhen@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] catalyst-1.0.5 released
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 20:52:22
1 Hi all -
2 I just added catalyst-1.0.5 into the tree ~arch masked for all release
3 architectures. Please test and unmask as necessary. I don't see forsee
4 many problems, but of course, if some arise please contact me ASAP and I
5 will address them.
6
7 Ok, there are some changes that you all need to be aware of. First,
8 ccache is no longer hard-coded to "on". If you want to use ccache, you
9 have to add it to "options" in /etc/catalyst/catalyst.conf.
10
11 The spec file variable "rel_version" has been deprecated in favor of the
12 "profile" variable; please remove "rel_version" from your specs. To
13 support stackable profiles, I introduced the profile specfile variable.
14 Simply stated, it is just the name of the profile that you wish to use:
15
16 e.g.
17 profile: default-x86-2004.0 #for non-stackable profiles
18 profile: default-linux/x86/2004.0 #for stackable profiles
19
20 Speaking of stackable profiles, catalyst will automagically decide which
21 bootstrap to use based on your profile assignment. Please note that
22 Portage is broken with stackable profiles, portage 2.0.50-r3 is supposed
23 to fix that brokenness.
24
25 In addition to those major changes, many bugs have been addressed.
26 Please consult the ChangeLog. I don't think that I missed anything, but
27 if I did, I will re-mail ;)
28
29 I will update the online documentation when I get the chance.
30
31 Cheers,
32 //zhen
33 --
34 John Davis
35 Gentoo Linux Developer
36 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~zhen>
37
38 ----
39 GnuPG Public Key: <http://dev.gentoo.org/~zhen/zhen_pub.asc>
40 Fingerprint: 2364 71BD 4BC2 705D F338 FF70 6650 1235 1946 2D47