From: Sam James <sam@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Begging notice: please use NATTkA / CC-ARCHES for keywording/stabilisation bugs
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2021 17:21:36
1 Hi,
2
3 This is a begging notice to ideally use NATTkA if possible for your keywording or stabilisation bugs!
4
5 [If you don’t know what to do, I hereby give you permission to nag me and ask me to check each one
6 of your bugs to let you know if it’s working okay and if it’s all gone alright. New tools are sometimes
7 hard to get used to, and I’ll help! CC me on your bugs or ping me on IRC.]
8
9 HOWTO:
10 1) Populate the ‘Package List’ field on Bugzilla, using the * (‘copy previous stable keywords’) and ^ (copy above line keywords) as appropriate.
11 2) Add ‘CC-ARCHES’ to the keywords field on Bugzilla to automatically CC the appropriate arch teams.
12
13 ADVANTAGES:
14 1) NATTkA will automatically CC the *correct* arch teams if you populate the package list with an asterisk, like so:
15 ```
16 app-misc/foo *
17 ```
18
19 This will copy the last set of stable keywords for app-misc/foo and apply them here. It then CCs the appropriate arch teams.
20
21 This helps a lot with avoiding accidental dropping of arches, if you’ve copied and pasted the list. It only has to happen a few times a month for it to become
22 a pain later on when it comes to cleaning up old versions.
23
24 [If you manually CC arches and used ‘CC-ARCHES’, be aware that NATTkA **WILL NOT** override your wishes, and will take
25 what you said as gospel. So, please avoid doing this unless you’re 100% sure you got it right. Or just don’t bother and use
26 CC-ARCHES so we can be sure.]
27
28 2) By using the CC-ARCHES keyword, arch teams aliases are not spammed with bugs which aren’t yet ready (passing the sanity check).
29
30 It’s a waste of time for us to try test bugs which cannot be committed yet because of breakages in the depgraph.
33 NATTkA is not mandatory in the sense that you can manually construct a package list but using it (by filling out the package list)
34 is mostly unavoidable given the sanity-check field should be set by a bot. Manually tampering with this is harmful.
35
36 You can read more at:
37 * the main documentation - https://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/doc/nattka/intro.html#primary-features
38 * GitHub - https://github.com/mgorny/nattka