From: Simon Stelling <blubb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] profiles cleanup
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 21:50:38
1 Hi all,
2
3 I've just removed a few deprecated profiles for amd64, and saw that
4 there are still quite a lot of non-cascading profiles around.
5 The following profiles say they have been removed by 2005.04.01:
6
7 default-sparc-1.4
8 default-sparc-2004.0
9 default-sparc64-1.4
10 default-sparc64-2004.0
11
12 I hope this is not an April Fool's joke ;)
13 There are also many other profiles which are probably deprecated for
14 ages, but don't contain an information about when they will be taken out
15 of portage.
16
17 Other possible candidates for a clean-up:
18
19 default-alpha-1.4
20 default-alpha-2004.0
21 default-ppc-1.4
22 default-ppc-2004.0
23 default-ppc-2004.1
24 default-ppc-2004.2
25 default-ppc64-2004.2
26 default-x86-2004.2
27 gcc33-sparc64-1.4
28 hardened-x86-2004.0
29
30 I didn't check them all, so I may be wrong, but some of them are
31 deprecated for over a year now.
32
33 There are also some cascading profiles which are really old and probably
34 should be removed.
35
36 Regards,
39 Simon Stelling