From: Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Change Bugzilla status to IN_PROGRESS when pull request is linked
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2019 21:44:37
1 On Fri, 25 Oct 2019 18:16:30 +0200
2 Ralph Seichter <gentoo@××××××××.de> wrote:
3
4 > Personally, I interpret a bug status of IN_PROGRESS as "somebody is
5 > working this bug", not "the assignee is working this bug". The latter
6 > is not as important to the bug state anyway, don't you think?
7
8 If you want the "somebody is working on it", then you can just look at
9 the comments and linked PR already.
12 But if somebody other than myself marks something I'm responsible for
13 as "IN PROGRESS" when I've made no such commitment, and haven't even
14 reviewed the PR for being even tangentially valid, I would be pretty
15 annoyed.
16
17 Because it confers some degree of officalness to it, and no
18 officialness is granted by having simpley a PR.