From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu>
To: "gentoo-dev@l.g.o" <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Introduce global dmalloc USE flag?
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 10:47:57
1 On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 11:37 AM, Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>wrote:
2
3 > To be clear, the justification of USE=dmalloc being separated from
4 > USE=debug is that it is so "intrusive" than anyone excepts a developer
5 > would find it too cumbersome to attempt to debug a problem with the
6 > application ?
9 I think we already got a number of packages where that holds true. It was
10 one of the reasons why I did my best to make sure people understand that
11 debug symbols and nostrip should *not* be conflated with USE=debug.
12
13 If I'm not mistaken, app-editors/nano[debug] is hardly usable.
14
15 Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
16 flameeyes@×××××××××.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/