From: dev-random@××××.ru
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: www-client/chromium-bin
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2011 03:02:37
1 On Fri, Mar 04, 2011 at 09:41:30PM -0500, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 <...>
3 > For kicks I tried to do better with distcc and EC2. That worked great
4 > until it started running a bunch of python scripts in the makefile -
5 > at -j15 or whatever I had it set to. Distcc really needs a solution
6 > for the fact that you can't pick a single optimum value for -j when
7 > gcc is only part of the build.
8 <...>
9
10 from 'man make':
11 -l [load], --load-average[=load]
12 Specifies that no new jobs (commands) should be started if
13 there are others jobs running and the load average is at
14 least load (a floating-point number). With no argument,
15 removes a previous load limit.