From: "Sean P. Kane" <spkane@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] kernel PCMCIA
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 15:53:56
1 Well, here is my concern with this. The wlan-ng stuff contains the
2 Prism2 drivers for PCI, USB, PCX (?), and PCMCIA. It would be pretty
3 unintuitive to have non-PCMCIA drives in the PCMCIA package, when they
4 should really be in the kernel package. Now, I suppose we could add the
5 wlan-ng sources to the kernel and the PCMCIA ebuilds, and have the
6 config compile for everything but PCMCIA in the kernel ebuild case and
7 then have the package compile for only the PCMCIA stuff when compiling
8 the PCMCIA-cs package. This seems like a bit of a pain to maintain, but
9 maybe it is the best solution. I'd lean towards having a unique package
10 as maintaining it would be easier especially if the other option ends up
11 placing it into two different ebuilds, however in this case I need
12 access to the pcmcia-cs configured source.
13
14 What are your thoughts on that?
15
16 Thanks,
17 Sean
20 -----Original Message-----
21 From: Chad M. Huneycutt [mailto:chad.huneycutt@×××.org]
22 Sent: Friday, April 19, 2002 13:26
23 To: gentoo-dev@g.o
24 Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] kernel PCMCIA
27 Sean P. Kane wrote:
28 > Chad,
29 >
30 > How hard would it be to add the modify the pcmcia-cs ebuild so that it
31
32 > could be set to keep the configured source under
33 > /usr/src/pcmcia-cs-"version number"?
34
35 I actually think the better solution may be to just add the wlan-ng
36 stuff to the pcmcia-cs ebuild (am I repeating myself? I might have
37 already suggested this). Is there some reason why this won't work?
38
39 Chad
40
42 gentoo-dev mailing list