From: Christian Axelsson <smiler@××××××××××.nu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage2 super USE flag suggestin
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 11:44:04
1 --------------------
2 On Thu, 18 Jul 2002 09:05:28 -0600
3 Craig Joly <craig@×××××××××××××××.org> wrote:
4
5 > A possible solution: super USE flags, for want of a better name.
6 > Something along the lines of USE="noX", where
7 > noX=-X -gtk -gtk2 -qt -qtmt -tcltk -fltk -gnome -gnome-libs -kde -bonobo -xv -dga (any other toolkits, etc)
8 > nodb=-postgres -mysql -berkdb -gdbm -innodb (any other databases)
9 > nosound=-als -oss -esd -arts -oggvorbis (any other sound stuff)
10 > nofb=-directfb fbcon
11 > noscript=-perl -python -ruby -tcltk -guile
14 I like this idea, in the matter of fact, I actually first thougth that if I putted -X
15 I wouldnt get anythings that depend on X. I felt that that was the natural behavior but that wasn't
16 obvious the case :/
17 I vote yes for this soloution or a similar one.
20 Christian Axelsson
21 smiler@××××××××××.nu