From: Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC - apache start page.
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 16:29:25
1 On Wednesday 26 May 2004 11:16, Stroller wrote:
2 > I was aware of this. It is the structural changes beneath the document
3 > root that have confused me.
4
5 As far as I know, there have been no structural changes beneath the document
6 root. By default, we still install packages so that they are accessable via
7
8 http://localhost/${PN}/
9
10 where ${PN} is the name of the package.
11
12 > Thank you for that. Perhaps a link to the final documentation would be
13 > appropriate on the new Apache start page..? I'm tempted to suggest
14 > adopting the current draft as final, so that users can submit bugs
15 > against it, but that could be messy.
16
17 I'd definitely want a link to the final version of this document on the new
18 Apache start page.
19
20 > > Okay, sounds like you're running with ACCEPT_KEYWORDS=~x86.
21 >
22 > Nope, I'm not. Things probably just got messed up during the transition
23 > from /home/htdocs to /var/www
24
25 Strange. The webapp-config'ized ebuild for squirrelmail is marked ~x86.
26
27 > Okies. I've emerged that now. The /etc/vhosts/webapp-config file looks
28 > very well-documented, but I guess I'm going to have to spend more time
29 > trying to understand Apache & it's documents layout.
30
31 We will work harder to get these things documented too.
32
33 Best regards,
34 Stu
35 --
36 Stuart Herbert stuart@g.o
37 Gentoo Developer http://www.gentoo.org/
38 http://stu.gnqs.org/diary/
39
40 GnuPG key id# F9AFC57C available from http://pgp.mit.edu
41 Key fingerprint = 31FB 50D4 1F88 E227 F319 C549 0C2F 80BA F9AF C57C
42 --