From: Max Magorsch <max@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Improving warnings on packages.g.o
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2020 10:37:33
1 On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 12:10 PM Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o> wrote:
2 > Any plans on using the remoteid from metadata.xml ?
3 > It's likely to be much more accurate since people have been filling
4 > those manually for some time now ;)
7 I think we could use the remoteid in future to improve the repology
8 warnings. However, I am not fully convinced that we can completely
9 replace the repology check using the remoteid, as a simple grep shows,
10 that currently 9873 packages contain at least one remote id. That's
11 just half of our packages in the tree. So I could imagine that we do
12 use the remoteid whenever it is available and otherwise fall back on
13 the repology data. However, for this to work we would need to things
14 imo:
15
16 1) Get the latest version available given the remoteid
17 2) Compare the latest version available with our latest version
18
19 It's especially the second part that I think is not done that quickly.
20 However, if anyone is interested in coming up with some logic / code
21 for this, any contributions are highly welcome.