From: Grant Goodyear <grant@×××××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Problems with initial gentoo rc5 binary inst all - GRUB
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 15:36:32
1 >Gotcha. I have the symlink setup, however, the only file I have in
2 >there make.defaults. I think this make all stem back to the fact that I
3 >cannot run emerge rsync.
4 >
5 >What do you think?
6
7 Oh, bother. Yeah, not having been able to run "emerge rsync"
8 would be a problem. I'm sure there's a work-around, but the
9 best approach is going to be to fix your firewall difficulties.
10 Maintaining a Gentoo Linux system really requires being able to
11 update /usr/portage on demand.
12
13 I don't really have a good short-term solution for you, otherwise
14 We should probably have a weekly /usr/portage tarball at could
15 be downloaded, but we don't have that right now. I think that Achim
16 (our lead package developer) was planning to set up an anonymous
17 CVS server, but I don't think that's ready just yet either.
18
19 -Grant-
20 --
22 | Grant Goodyear | The Secrets of Physics: |
23 | Dept. of Chemistry - UH |1. Add zero. |
24 | Houston, TX 77204 |2. Multiply by one. |
25 |-------------------------------------|3. Expand in a Taylor series|
26 |e-mail: goodyear@××.edu |4. Integrate by parts. |
27 |www:bernacchi.chem.uh.edu/~grant |5. Fourier transform. |
28 | |6. Add auxiliary variables |