From: "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@×××××.net>
To: trance@g.o, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo email list posting changes
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 07:45:29
1 Can we have alternate accounts added (manually) as "always accept". I for
2 the most part always post fromt the same address, but members of my mailing
3 list have a couple of cases where I have overridden that restriction for
4 them.
5
6 Tom Veldhouse
7
8 ----- Original Message -----
9 From: "Kevyn Shortell" <trance@g.o>
10 To: <gentoo-dev@g.o>
11 Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2002 1:59 PM
12 Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo email list posting changes
15 Hi Fellow Gentoo'ers
16
17 Due to the large amount of spam that has been hitting the gentoo lists as of
18 late, all of the Gentoo mailing lists have been changed to subscriber only
19 mode or are in the process of being changed.
20
21 What this means is, if your email account that you are sending to the lists
22 is
23 not subscribed to the list that you are posting to your email will be
24 rejected and will not be posted to the list.
25
26 Messages rejected will be put on hold for moderator approval and may or may
27 not be approved for posting depending on content. If this doesn't seem fair
28 to you, I'd suggest subscribing to the list then =)
29
30 Thank you,
31
32 Kevyn Shortell