From: Colin Morey <peitolm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] documentation-problem
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 16:44:14
1 On Thu, 2002-06-13 at 08:29, Michael R. Gayeski wrote:
2 > On Thursday 13 June 2002 08:15, Stephan Wentz wrote:
3 > > where it says
4 > > "If you have a PCMCIA card installed, have a quick look into
5 > > /etc/init.d/pcmcia to verify that things seem all right for your setup"
6 > >
7 > > the problem is: there is no file /etc/init.d/pcmcia!
8 > > did i miss something? i followed the instructions step-by-step, don't think
9 > > i forgot something... or do i have to create that file by myself?
10 >
11 > Did you emerge the pcmcia-cs package? I think the install docs forget to
12 > mention that part, but I'm not sure since I have not had to do a Gentoo
13 > install for several months. Anyways, try 'emerge pcmcia-cs' and see if that
14 > creates the file. If not, it may be a bug, and I'll help you hunt it down. :)
15 >
16 dunno if its in the 1.1a install docs, but it's definitely in the
17 build.html documentation.
18
19 hth, Colin
20 > --mrg