From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [soc] Python bindings for Paludis
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 20:41:18
1 On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 15:30:31 -0500
2 Larry Lines <larry@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > It seems as on topic to say it here as anywhere else. I like Portage.
4 > I like it better than the Synaptic Package manager, yum, apt-get and
5 > especially rpm. I feel like it delivers more functionality than all
6 > of the package managers I just mentioned. It brought me to Gentoo.
7 > It drove me away when I got frustrated with it once. But then it
8 > brought me back again. I have used them all. Maybe I don't know the
9 > other package managers well enough. But what do I know?
10
11 Now ask yourself whether there's anything you'd like to see in Portage
12 that it doesn't already have...
15 Ciaran McCreesh