From: Francesco Riosa <francesco@×××××××××.it>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] USE & KEYWORDS relation
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 15:17:46
1 Simon Stelling ha scritto:
2
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > Francesco Riosa wrote:
6 >
7 >> use "extensions" && KEYWORDS="-*"
10 > I'm pretty sure this will break things (TM). Why not a simple use
11 > extensions && ewarn "Currently, there are no additional patches used
12 > with USE=Extension, so I'm going to ignore it."
13 >
14 > Greetings,
15 >
16 > blubb
17
18 because previous version had that functionality and users are using it.
19 - Put a new version *without* that functionality make users unhappy
20 - Don't let disponible a new version because of functionalityes that
21 they are not using make that users unappy
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list