From: Meir Kriheli <mksoft@×××××××××××××.il>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Portage 2 and gcc 3.1 status
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 11:04:26
Hi,

I want to add i18n features to gentoo. I'm going to reinstall from scratch
over my Debian partition (keep my LinuxFromScratch intact).

Someone suggested that I look into portage2, and submit my changes to the
team.

What is the state of portage2 ? Is it in planning, in flux where changes can
be appended or finished with no changes at all ?

Can it be used in parallel with portage 1.x, or as standalone ?

I want to bootstrap the system with FCC3.1. I've followed threads on it, and
it seems that it is doable.

I need a system with xfree86/kde3.0.1 (for the Hebrew support), anyone having
problem with those and gcc3.1 ?

If it is possible I'd like to keep my kde from cvs, I have seen Dan's kde3-pre
ebuilds which includes cvs, are they still usable ?

Form what I've seen portage2 needs gcc3.x.

thanks
--
Meir Kriheli