From: Brian Jones <briankjones99@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] boot says I didn't compile DEVFS support
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 06:47:14
1 This one I fixed. I had left something in the default
2 file that shouldn't have been there. Basically, I
3 didn't edit the right side of the file. DUH!
4
5 I'm running ext3, so I just changed the right to read
6 'defaults 1 1'.
7 --- "Jared H. Hudson" <jhhudso@××××××××××.com> wrote:
8 > > eth0 up,(no such device?!) and I can't write
9 > ANYTHING
10 > > to disk (Read only filesystem!?) WTF?
11 > Make sure your fstab, doesn't have the notail option
12 > in there, if you're
13 > not running a reiserfs filesystem. I had a similar
14 > problem, I was using
15 > a xfs filesystem and had forgotten to remove the
16 > notail that the example
17 > /etc/fstab has and it caused mount not to be able to
18 > remount my fs as
19 > rw. Also try doing it manually. mount / -o
20 > remount,rw If this gives a
21 > error, than it's probably a fstab issue. Type this
22 > then:
23 > mount /dev/hda1 / -o remount,rw (replace /dev/hda1
24 > with your partition)
25 >
26 > -Jared H.
29 > gentoo-dev mailing list