From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Bad bad supervise!
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 19:17:15
1 On Thu, Jun 14, 2001 at 06:18:17PM -0500, tadpol@××××××.org wrote:
2 > On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 02:30:03AM +1000, Aaron Blew wrote:
3 > > Alright, I installed dict and such last night, finally rebooted today
4 > > and am now seeing supervise dictd sucking up *looks* ahh! One of my
5 > > cpus! Wonderful! Stunning! Why? ;)
6 >
7 > how evil. Hummm. Can you determin if it is supervise, dictd, or the
8 > combination? I guess you could try restarting svc-dictd and see what that
9 > does. Not sure what else to tell you.
10
11 It should be possible to add some debug "echo"s to the dictd run script to
12 find out what's going on. Tadpol, since this is your package, I'd like you
13 to help him track down the cause of the problem and commit any necessary
14 patches to CVS.
15
16 Thanks,
19 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>