From: Jack Morgan <jmorgan@g.o>
To: gentoo-powerpc <gentoo-powerpc@l.g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] PowerPC meeting minutes - 05/15/15
Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 14:14:57
1 Team,
2
3 The PowerPC developer team had a meeting this week. Here are the meeting
4 minutes from our meeting on 05/15/15. Also sending this out to
5 gentoo-dev list to get feedback from a wide audience.
8 0) roll call
9 jmorgan, blueness, JoseJX were present. rej and lu_zero responded after
10 reading backlog.
13 1) Developer status
14
15 For those who didn't make the meeting, please check the list of
16 developers in the wiki[1]. If you are no longer active on powerpc or
17 taking a break, please let us know. If you would like to help out either
18 by becoming an Arch Testor (AT) or are a developer who has some
19 cycles/hardware to spare, we would appreciate the assistance.
22 2) Status of timberdoodle[2]
23
24 Who is "managing" this system?
25 --We discovered that several developers have sudo access, blueness
26 volunteered to be the point of contact for this resource. He will work
27 with infra to update the contact person details in the wiki[2]. If you
28 would like a shell account to do keyword testing, let him know.
31 3) keywordreq/stablereq
32
33 (a) systemd support
34 --No one mentioned they have tested systemd on a live system. Though
35 this feature has been keyworded, it is not known if it works of not on a
36 live system. I said I would try in a week or so. If you are running
37 ppc/ppc64 on systemd, it would be good to know that. I had trouble
38 getting it working on sparc for example. I'm told there might not be a
39 lot of support for non-Intel based hardware.
40
41 (b) gnome/kde desktop support
42 --Based on whether systemd works or not, we will evaluate continuing
43 supporting these desktops. I believe systemd is required for gnome for
44 example. I'm not sure of the state of kde, need to test it. For now, we
45 consider these desktops stable on powerpc and will reevaluate this at a
46 future date.
47
48 (c) java support
49 --The java team is working on getting java stable on both ppc/ppc64.
50 Thanks for their effort. We need to be testing, keywording and closing
51 any open bugzilla on java to assist in this effort. Please take a look
52 at those bugs in bugzilla.
53
54 (d) broken install due to yaboot/sys-fs/e2fsprogs bug (527974)
55 --A user reported on IRC that they were not able to complete an install
56 due to this bug. After some discussion, JoseJX said he would look into
57 it. He was able to attach a patch and Spanky (vapier) was able to make
58 some adjustments. This patch seems to have fixed the problem. JoseJX
59 will continue to work this bug. Once that is done, we now need to build
60 new stage3 and possibly an installcd.
61
62 (e) overall bugzilla status:
63 ppc: total bugs (114), keywordreq (62), stablereq (11)
64 ppc64: total bugs (104), keywordreq (22), stablereq (51)
65
66 Here are our bug count in bugzilla at the time of writing. Thanks to
67 everyone who is helping keep our bug count low.
70 4) opens
71 --Just a reminder that we have consolidated our mailing lists to a
72 single gentoo-powerpc@l.g.o list now. Please join the list if
73 you are interested in this arch.
74 --We will have a team meeting every few months (once a quarter) to sync
75 up on powerpc development work.
78 [1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:PowerPC
79 [2] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Infrastructure/Developer_Machines
80
81 thanks,
84 Jack Morgan
85 Pub 4096R/761D8E0A 2010-09-13 Jack Morgan<jmorgan@g.o>
86 Fingerprint = DD42 EA48 D701 D520 C2CD 55BE BF53 C69B 761D 8E0A