From: Kashif Shaikh <k2shaikh@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Todo/project list for Gentoo
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 05:30:39
1 I've been using Gentoo now for a couple of months, wrote some ebuilds,
2 loved gentoo's simplicity(configuration system), etc. BUT, I would like
3 to get involved more with Gentoo though I don't know where to start or
4 what to improve.
5
6 Is there a general Todo list or Goal list of features we want, so some
7 of us can go ahead an implement them? For example, there was an idea of
8 putting portage into a db system.
9
10 One feature that I think is good, but I don't take advantage as much as
11 I would like to is the USE variable system. Reason? Usually I have no
12 way of knowing what 'optional capabilities' an ebuild package has so I
13 can enable the USE var for it. In other words, it would be nice to query
14 a package for its general optional capabilities it provides.
17 Maybe there is a todo list on the website, but as far as I have read, I
18 couldn't find any:)
19
20 Kashif Shaikh
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list