From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] 586 Image boot problems
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 22:24:56
1 On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 05:29:58PM -0400, derosa wrote:
2 > I'm not sure if this has been resolved or not, but I think the problem lies
3 > with the isolinux boot process, I recently tried this on a Dec Prioris dual
4 > pentium machine, and the system hangs just as the boot is starting.
5
6 I think that our bootcd has some i686 code on it. Sorry about that. As soon
7 as the rc6 build image is set and some portage upgrades are made, I'll be
8 tackling a new bootcd that will be based on an i486 build image, totally
9 eliminating this problem.
10
11 > I will most likely drag the machine from work to home, where I have no
12 > firewall to deal with, and try to bootstrap Rc6. I have been able to get the
13 > boot disk with rescue image to start off, but I cannot mount the iso file
14 > system so the built image is unusable. Is this being addressed in Rc6 ?? If
15 > you need a test person I volenteer.
16
17 I'll post here when we have a rc6 CD available for testing. For bootstrapping
18 rc6, use the new -r3 build image and follow the included README.
19
20 Best Regards,
23 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
24 Chief Architect/President http://www.gentoo.org