From: Karl Trygve Kalleberg <karltk@×××××××.no>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Smalltalk/X
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2002 19:21:41
1 On Sat, 8 Jun 2002, Marko Mikulicic wrote:
2
3 > and it works. But it creates linux.tgz and common.tgz in
4 > /usr/portage/distfiles and what is worse is first try to download
5 > them from the mirror. How can I handle this, writing the fewest possible
6 > hacks?
7
8 We have consciously decided not to handle this particular problem
9 automatically. What we do is copy the upstream source files, give them
10 proper names, then put them out directly (manually) on our mirrors.
11
12 You should remind the developer who takes care of your ebuild to do
13 exactly that before committing your ebuild to CVS.
14
15 Karl T