From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Google Apps Standard Edition @ gentoo.org
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 23:49:35
1 On 04/01/10 01:09, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > no one is forcing you to, nor is anyone talking about having teams use it. if
3 > Gentoo developers themselves choose to, it's going to happen irregardless of
4 > what Alec is proposing.
5
6 we are talking about public, shared work on gentoo - not about stuff
7 people do in private.
10 > your logic does not lead to the statement that gentoo-core is the appropriate
11 > place.
12
13 point takes, it's not the non-technical nature - i should put it
14 clearer: it's the fact that everyone on the net will be able to read
15 what anyone said on google in this thread. any one of us may change his
16 mind on that but the internet won't.
17 does that make it clear now why that thread belongs to gentoo-core to me?
20 > a bit ironic you espouse using open source software on fully controlled
21 > systems in one half while suggesting people use the closed gentoo-core mailing
22 > list in another ...
23
24 not every kind of open and closed are in contrast. i don't see any
25 irony here. the FSF is doing PR strategy stuff behind closed doors too,
26 what's the problem?
30 sebastian